Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Friends and strangers...


If you follow this blog, you may have noticed that lately I've been posting a lot of poetical scraps and remnants I've accumulated over the years. My plan has been to retire and become a poet when I'm 80 years old. That doesn't give me much to finish with fiction. I may have to revisit my timeline.

In any case, the Main Muse has been telling me for a while now that I ought to try to get my poems published. I take her advice seriously. She told me for years that I ought to write novels. I should have listened sooner. But for now, I have a novel manuscript that I'm pushing to get in shape to submit (again). That done, we'll see.

Until then, novels remain what I write for strangers, for pay. Poems, I write for my friends, for love.


2 comments:

  1. I think you should listen to your Main Muse!
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She always has my ear, Anna, if not my obedience.

      Delete